miércoles, 18 de noviembre de 2009

In his eyes

I smile.I stare. I am holding his hand and my legs are wrapped with his. My eyes are inches away. Inches. From tender small in the darkness. They cannot be dimmed even in the darkness they cannot be dimmed.I stare and I smile and I speak.
I love you.
He smiles. With his lips, his teeth, his eyes, his shaking head.He smiles and I say it again.
I love you
I say it again.
I love you.
I say it again.
I love you.
And I do, I love him. This boy who said hello to me as I was next to his childhood friend, this boy who gave me peanut and butter bread everytime had, this boy who was my friend, this boy with tender and small eyes that see through me and understand me. With nothing but open arms ready to receive me. To stand by me. To walk with me. To love me. I love him.
He smiles, he leans forward kisses my lips softly kisses me and as our lips touch barely touch he wispers.
I love you too.
Our lips barely touching I whisper.
I love you.
We stare into each other eyes and softly kiss speaking and saying more with movement of our lips and the tips of our fingers that words will allow us to say. Words can't say this. The one word love means too little for what it is. It means everything and that is still not enough.It doesn't communicate even a fraction of the feelings involved.

I don't want to leave. I could lie here. I don't want to leave.
I know by the way he holds me tighter with each moment a little tighter that he does not want to leave. We have no choise. We have to go back.
I pull away and I tell him we have to leave and he says he knows and we kiss one last time slow and deep the clock is ticking. We untangle each other form ourselves and it takes a second and a century and we stand. I hold his hand in my hand i look into his eyes and stare. I don't see what I saw when I stared the first time we spoke. In his eyes there is what I have sought and never found, wanted and never had, hoped for and never discovered. Love. I step back and I step away. Our eyes are still locked, our hands still touching. I take another step. Our fingers touch, one finger from each other of our hands. I smile again..

No hay comentarios: